Many of our suppliers, or the organisations we partner with, are too small or disadvantaged to be certified as 'fair trade'.
We've developed a set of principles that we demand from any organisation or artisan we work with:
- The products are creating opportunities for disadvantaged women
- There is no forced labour in creating the products
- There is no child labour used in creating the products
- The artisans are paid a living wage, or are being paid a fair price for their products
- They are working in good, safe working conditions
- Where an organisation has artisans working in their workshop, they need to be is transparent with us and let us visit them to see the working conditions.