We connect you with beautiful, minimalist, quality products that support women who are building better lives for themselves. Our aim is to open up a world of socially conscious and ethical choices for the modern Kiwi woman.
Location: New Zealand
We're excited about creating opportunities for women who've had a hard life. The more we can cut out the middle-man, the more that goes to the artisans that help. We're a 100% New Zealand owned business, and our Reca jewellery range is almost exclusively designed and handcrafted in New Zealand.
For the products outside of our range, we rely on other organisations and marketplaces to bring us the products you love. So how do we make sure the artisans get their fair share?
Many of our suppliers, or the organisations we partner with, are too small or disadvantaged to be certified as 'fair trade'. We've developed a set of principles that we demand from any organisation or artisan we work with:
- The products are creating opportunities for disadvantaged women
- There is no forced labour in creating the products
- There is no child labour used in creating the products
- The artisans are paid a living wage, or are being paid a fair price for their products
- They are working in good, safe working conditions
- Where an organisation has artisans working in their workshop, they need to be is transparent with us and let us visit them to see the working conditions.